AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 and XDV-P6???

Does anyone know if the D3 is compatible with the 6 dvd changer....on the pioneer website it says its compatible with "Pioneer Navigation Products such as the z1,z2, and the d2" but it seems like it specifically leaves out the d3......but anywho does anyone know for a fact if these two items are compatible and if so can the changer use the nav discs that way they would always be accesible??

Correct... I looked into this as well...

Pioneer's 6-Disk DVD-Changer requires the IP-BUS (which the D3 has) and the AV-BUS (which the D3 does not have)...

Apparently, it has two selectable "modes" - INTEGRATED and STANDALONE...

If your headunit has both the IP-BUS and the AV-BUS, you can use it in INTEGRATED mode and have full touchscreen control...

If your headunit does not have both the IP-BUS and AV-BUS, you can use it in STANDALONE mode where you control the changer via its remote and route the audio/video through an AUX input...

Good luck,

Mark

so i take it that any pioneer cd or dvd changer will not work with this correct??

No, that is not correct... :!:

I am currently running Pioneer's 12-Disk CD-Changer through my D3 and I have full touchscreen control of the 12-Disk CD-Changer...

The 12-Disk (and 6-Disk) CD-Changers only require the IP-BUS...

The touchscreen control of the 12-Disk is sweet... 8) You have a scrollable menu of disks (six per page - just like presets) on the left side of the screen...

On the right you have your play/pause, track forward/backward, etc...

On the top of the screen it tells you the current disk and track number and remaining time I believe...

Disk swaps are VERY fast in my opinion...

I am very happy...

Good luck,

Mark

aight sweet yeah im gonna have to invest in the 12 disc cuz its only like 30 bux more then the 6.....i also have the d3 installed in my 03 acura tl-s it was done at a shop in my area and if anyone has any questions on what it may look like in case they have an acura like that ill be happy to post pics