AVIC411.com

Z1 - Z2 partition experiment

:D OK I think I have the 34 files narrowed further...it is one (or more) of the 6 exe files. I'll continue as I find time but it may be just a matter of putting 1 (or more) of the exe files into the APL folder along with the PRG.FLG file into the SDATA partition. :wink:
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry, you rock dude! I am on this as soon as I get my IDE adapter to hook my Z2 drive to my computer. Are the files I need included in the bluetooth update package that I downloaded from the forum? Or do I need a complete Z1 image to get all the files?

The only files resposible for changing the bypass from "original" Z1 to the "after bluetooth" Z1 is....................."HMIManager" in the APL folder of the PRG1 folder and the "PRG.FLG" that must be placed into the SDATA partition. :shock: .....Is it possible to place these appropriatly into the Z2 for success?

I'm standing by waiting for the teams results as I don't have a Z-2 image.

Henry, I hope to have my IDE adapter on Monday or Tuesday and I will try to get started with the unlocking and ripping my Z2 image. Perhaps if you haven't got one from somewhere else, we could trade images......perhaps then we can both have unlocked Z2's.

HenryJ, at first glance it apprears the partitions and folders have the same setup on the Z2. I got my adapter today and unlocked my Z2 drive, and I am in the process of making a backup image. Any recommendation on making the best backup image? I installed Acronis and I am using it now, but it doesn't make a standard .iso file which is what I was wanting. After it's done backing up I am going to disable the drive locking and start experimenting with the files you sent. I feel confident that with any luck I will be rocking a bypassed Z2 by the end of the day. Thanks for all your research and if you PM me your address I will send you my image on DVD's tomorrow.

Damn, no luck HenryJ, when I put the files you sent on my Z2 it would not boot, it would show the splash screen and then restart over and over. Make sure I got you right, I put the PRG.FLG file in the root of the SDATA partition and I replaced the HMIManager file in my APL folder with the one you sent. I would also like to confirm that the PRG.FLG file you sent me has a size of 0 bytes?

Mazdaspeed, I offered HenryJ my image as he has provided me with a lot of info and the files to experiment with. This thread is concerning file swapping between the Z1 and Z2, not requests for Z2 images sorry.

Mazdaspeed, I offered HenryJ my image as he has provided me with a lot of info and the files to experiment with. This thread is concerning file swapping between the Z1 and Z2, not requests for Z2 images sorry.

Don't worry Mazdaspeed, when the Z2 is bypassed, someone will post a link to their image for everybody to update their Z1 or bypass their Z2. That's the way things usually work. Or you can go legit like some of us will and pay for the update when it becomes available.

Hey all, i have a Z2 image from a unit that has been installed for about 3 months. PM me if you want my FTP address or if you have an address you want it sent to. Im going to try to mess around with it myself over the next few days at least.