AVIC411.com

Hands Free Operation?????

Someone please tell me I'm wrong....

With the Bluetooth module (and phone) did I read the instructions correctly that there is no hands free way of answering the phone? There is no voice command such as "answer pnone"? If I read correctly, you have to hit the icon on the screen to answer an incoming call and hang up. What an amazing omission if this is true. You can voice activate a call, but you can't answer???
[quote name="03Aviator"]Someone please tell me I'm wrong....

With the Bluetooth module (and phone) did I read the instructions correctly that there is no hands free way of answering the phone? There is no voice command such as "answer pnone"? If I read correctly, you have to hit the icon on the screen to answer an incoming call and hang up. What an amazing omission if this is true. You can voice activate a call, but you can't answer???[/quote]

No there is no way for it to listen to you without pressing some sort of button. If I'm not mistaken there is no vehicle or phone or anything that will listen to your conversation 24/7 and try to figure out what you are talking about all the time listening for words in the hopes it hears something. Everything needs some button press for a "wake up and listen to me notification". And if you were about to hit that anyway, if the phone was ringing, you might as well have that press answer the phone.

So technically you can't "voice activate a call" either. You have to hit a icon on the screen to wake it up and then talk and that will activate a call. But you have to hit a button/icon first. It's the same action for your finger, but if the phone is ringing you press the screen it will just answer than you press the screen to wake it up and then say "answer phone" it analizes your command and does it.

And then there is the theory that when it rings it could just listed automatically. But if I was in a conversation with someone in the car, you know it would mistake something I was talking about for "hang up phone" or whatever.

To be honest, I like that I have to "wake it up" before it listens to me. It's easier software to impliment and ends up being more reliable than having it listen to me all the time. I would like it like my wife's acura where the button is on the steering wheel, but oh well. Personally I don't think that "missing feature" is that big of a deal.
[quote name="ducatiboy"]
No there is no way for it to listen to you without pressing some sort of button. If I'm not mistaken there is no vehicle or phone or anything that will listen to your conversation 24/7 and try to figure out what you are talking about all the time listening for words in the hopes it hears something. [/quote]

some sony ericsson phones have this feature, P800,p900 etc spring to mind, you can set it up in two ways either by a 'magic word' you set that has to be said first or just regular voice reg.

you just teach it to listen for a word or sound and then it wants a voice contact.