AVIC411.com

How to View DVDs with Rear Camera Input?

Hey guys I have a quick question for you....

I am in the process of installing my own Z2... im heading on a road trip tommorow night so just doing a rough install and basically want my passengers to be able to watch DVDs while i am driving .... dont worry I will keep my eyes on the road lol

How exactly is this done... i have a toggle switch on my parking brake and grounded it.... that works.... and I also put a toggle switch on the reverse wire so far.... but I have no idea how to even access the reverse camera on the unit... or which wires exactly to loop....

thanks for the help guys!

All you have to do is put a switch on the Reverse wire of the unit itself so that you can manually flip a switch to turn reverse camera on and off.

Then using an RCA cable use your VIDEO out on the Z2 unit and loop it back into your REAR CAMERA INPUT wire.

This will give you a video bypass while having a notice across the screen saying its the camera an objects may appear reversed, ETC.

posted earlier on a similar thread by AlarmsETC

Hey guys.. I found that post that alarmsetc. posted the method on how to do it.

I have it done the same way.... with a switch on the reverse wire... and that wire grounded....

do i actually have to hook up the reverse wire to my cars reverse wire or is grounding it with a switch on it just fine???

thank you guys for your patience... this is my first navi system and first install!!

Thanks for the dvd tip action!!

I think on RCA connector 2 of the AVIC Z2 theres a rear monitor output RCA plug. I believe thats the plug that is mentioned in the thread as video out.

Thats the only video output plug on either RCA 1 or RCA2 connectors that has a video output.

Take a RCA cable and connect one side to the rear monitor output and the other end to the rear view camera in of the AVIC Z2 connector 2 harness.

With the reverse wire connected to a toggle switch, flip the switch and that should activate the rear camera view. And you should be able to view a DVD through the rear camera view.

I use my rear monitors to view DVD's allows the rear passengers to view dvd and audio through the AVIC Z2 unit. I have rear monitors so I connect a RCA cable through the RCA 2 connector rear monitor output and plug the other end to a external dvd player RCA video in.

Heres the link you asked for:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5420 on page 5

Ok, but after this I'm really going to bed!

Your switch will pull up the video. What you are doing with the switch is simulating putting the car into reverse, which automatically brings up the video feed. In this case the feed is rear monitor output from the Avic itself.

Have fun, g'nite.