AVIC411.com

Warranty advice?

I'm ready to collect on my Pioneer Z1 (Purchased OCT 2006) 1-year parts and labor factory warranty after my rear camera video input failed (I've hooked up alternate video sources to pinpoint the problem). I also have a 2-year extended warranty through Repair Tech Platinum Protection Service Plan. My question is what procedure do I need to go through for warranty work? I called the pioneer 1-800-number for a local Pioneer Audio Navigation Authorized Service Center in my area and there are none. It's Saturday and Pioneer's West Coast Service Center is closed. My idea of the perfect warranty situation is when I call Pioneer Monday, I'll be given a return authorization number and the whole process will go smoothly. I'm reading all kinds of horror stories concerning Pioneer's Warranty Service and all the after market Extended Warranty promises.

Your extended warranty has nothing to do with Pioneer. Since you're still under your manufacture's warranty, if you purchased it from an authorized dealer (not ebay) you should be able to call Pioneer Monday and get an RMA. It will take them about 2-3 weeks to return your Z1. It may be repaired or it may not. I sent in my AVIC-N2 a couple years ago because the screen housing was being scratched during motorization and got it back with a note saying that there was nothing wrong with it even though you could see all the scratches in that one area. Some people have had luck with warranty service though. Hopefully it will work out for you. About your extended warranty...when your Pioneer warranty expires (Oct 07), Repair Tech's warranty will come into effect. If you require a repair then, it is at their option if they want to repair it or replace it. It is also at their option to get it repaired by one of the Pioneer service departments, or by a different service department. I'm guessing whichever is cheaper is the one they'll go for and it most likely will not be Pioneer.

I purchased my Z1 from (Ibuydigital.com) and am wondering if they are an authorized Pioneer dealer? Is there a site at Pioneer Electronics somewhere that lists their authorized internet dealer sites?

If (Ibuydigital.com) isn't an authorized site, will I have to wait until after my 1-year Pioneer warranty runs out before collecting on the extended Repair-Tech protection service? I need my rear camera video input fixed.

Thanks,