AVIC411.com

This is a common problem. It's when your amplifier is hooked up to the power antenna wire instead of the amp turn on wire.

Go to the AV settings (I think) and find the power antenna setting and instead of just AM/FM have it turn on all the time the Z2 is powered and try your different things.

If the audio works, then tell your shop to use the AMP turn on (or remote turn on) not the power antenna to power your vehicle's amps.

Do you have an amp hooked up? If so, it sounds like they connected the amp's power to the ANT wire of the Z2. It needs to be connected to the AMP wire.

You can test it in this way: Go to the "System Settings" and push "Auto Ant". It should be on "Power". This way it will always have power when the unit is on.

If that makes it work, then your unit is wired incorrectly. You can leave it like that, or have your installer wire it correctly. Shouldn't make a difference unless you have a power antenna that you don't want extended when you are not listening to the radio.

Anyway, something to try.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I have a similar problem and tried your advice posted above. Here is my situation:

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300 and I bought the Metra CHTO-01 adapter harness to install my AVIC-Z2. I have made all of the wiring connections except for 1:

The CHTO-01 says to connect its blue/white wire to the radio's amplifier turn-on wire. On the Z2 unit I cannot find the amplifier turn-on wire, and there is no sound in my car speakers. The weird thing is that I have also installed an amp/sub in the trunk previously and connected it into the wiring for the rear speaker for a signal. The sub works now, but the speakers inside the car don't. I tried connecting the blue/white wire from the CHTO-01 to the blue wire in Connector 1 that is labelled "System Remote Control", but it is the same situation.

When I play a dvd I only get sound in the sub. When I use the radio (AM or FM) I don't even get the sound in the sub.

I tried changing the settings you guys talk about in this post but no luck.

ANy suggestions?

Thanks,

Samz