AVIC411.com

2007 Dodge Ram Install problems / Questions.

Ok, we got the CAN-BUS interface, and I read here that it included a VSS hookup, there were a few extra wires, a purple one, which I assume is the reverse, and a pink one, which I assumed was the VSS. This was seemingly incorrect, as the speed pulse is going way goofy. I've also read 3 different locations here for the actual VSS wire for a hardwire tap. Can anyone verify that the CAN BUS adapter actually covers the VSS, I've read that we may also need some "peripheral" unit, is that the case? 2nd, the illumination isn't working, I did search, and couldnt find anything specific, anyone know of any quick taps for the ILL to work on this vehicle? 3rd, when we're driving, and set a route, it won't give us the verbal instruction, or show the street name in the info bar at the bottom. This I'm assuming is a simple fix, or just something I'm doing wrong, the other unit I just installed works like a charm. Could this all be related to the VSS being improperly hooked up?

Wow, thank you for the advice, have any helpful answers? And the install went fine minus the VSS, which is non existent in the Dodge OEM harness. The only thing the CAN BUS or the Peripheral do, is give you a VSS hookup that still needs to be hard wired in. And since you seem to know about this, where is the VSS precisely on a 2007 Dodge Ram? No one can seem to answer that one directly, I assure you the info provided on this site thus far has been incorrect. The link for the vehicle specific wiring is also incorrect.

Like I said, I meant no offense, but you were asking basic stuff that signaled you might need help. I don't care how you took it, but that is how I meant it. I don't know, nor do I care where your VSS wire is. Get the canbus interface and it will solve some of your problems.

Incorrect. The CAN BUS is merely an interface for the actual radio harness. The VSS is the only issue I have. Which I might add, is nowhere near the passenger side firewall. It's in the engine bay attached directly to the ECU on the driver side. The wire needed was green/white, which I might add was never conveyed here even w/ any accuracy.

Dude, the darn info is sent to your AVIC VIA the CANBUS adaptor. It doesn't get any easier than that. Make sure you have the right "Peripheral" adaptor!

I am only adding the following info so this guy will go away! :twisted:

CHYAH05 ------buy this one.....

Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge CANBUS Add-a-Head

Make(s): CHRYSLER

The CHYAH05 is designed to allow the replacement of a factory radio with an aftermarket head-unit in select late model Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles. Provides a time saving professional head-unit installation while retaining full use of the factory amplifier and speaker system. The CHYAH05 is the perfect plug & Play solution when installing a aftermarket navigation radio.

Accessory 12V, parking brake, reverse, parking light and VSS output wires are supplied for full aftermarket radio OEM integration

Auto detects the presence of a factory amplifier, if present turns it on by the CANBUS commands triggered by remote input wire from aftermarket head-unit

Plug-n-Play installation into existing factory sound system provides greater time savings and does not harm factory vehicle wiring

• 2 months later...
You also get the vss feed when you find the vss wire, and that's free...

No one here wants to hear your sarcasm and attitude because you are too ignorant to hook it up at the radio harness. They gave you advice, tried to help you and you didn't take it so chill the fuck out.

The new Chrysler products use a CAN-BUS data exchange system throughout most of the vehicle's electronic systems. This includes VSS, tachometer info(in some places), accessory key position wake-up for things like the audio system, windows, A/C, lights, reverse sense from transmission, etc.. You might actually be able to find a pulsing wire that may mimic a VSS wire @ one of the wheel hubs, at the ABS sensor, BUT this may also disable the ABS, which may cause you and your family to die a horrible death in a flaming wreck because your brakes locked up and you slid off a cliff. You could also continue prodding around your vehicle's electrical system with a test meter (or worse, a test light), which is something Chrysler products already don't like, and eventually have your computer slip into a coma. You may also have one of the vehicles that completely freak out when the radio is removed, because the CAN-BUS line runs through them, and when the computer doesn't see any info on that line, it shuts off the electric oil pump. Fun. Or, you could just go ahead and buy the proper interface.