AVIC411.com

Ok I am confused. I was installing the AVIC-D3 and I notice there is a ground (black cable) comming from the AVIC-D3 wire harness.

My question is:

The aftermarket wire harness for my car indicates there is a ground on it. Can't I simply connect the Avic-D3's ground cable to the aftermarkets ground on the harness? Once I connect the aftermarket harness to the cars harness (Dash). Wouldn't that technically ground the AVIC or do I have to Ground the AVIC to the car somewhere??

Seems logical but I am confused with Pioneer adding that little hook thing at the end of the GROUND cable comming from the AVIC's wire harness.

I've grounded the parking brake, chassis ground, bluetooth ground & XM ground directly to the harness on the connector. works fine. if you also see a nut behind your dash you can also loosen it and install the pioneer ground connector to it as well.

They include that "hook think" (spade connector) in case there is no ground wire for your factory harness. They were being thoughtful.

I just snipped that bugger off and tapped into the ground cable of my factory harness. Works like a champ!

Thanks guys... I thought that is how it worked but it was one of those days (Brain fart day). Geez you would figure I would figure that out after instaling the AVIC-N1 and doing the MOD. Now the AVIC-D3 (Much easier).

Thanks all for the help!!!!