AVIC411.com

can i use the stock steering wheel controller on a d3?

i have a 07 honda civic si sedan and it has steering wheel controllers already and i just orderd the unit today from cf and wanted to thank the guys for the 15% off cupon but wasnt able to add the 20 dollar one but its ok.

Back to my ? i have steering wheel controllers already and was wondering if anyone intergrated that into there system and what parts would i need to do that or is it already intergrated in the d3?

Has anyone here done it for the honda civic yet and what parts do i need?

i was going to order this for my new 2007 Honda Civic EX but crutchfield says it doesnt fit in my car. Is this true?

Try actually using PAC's fit guide on their web site:

http://fitguide.installationexcellence. ... cturerId=8

Crutchfield has a bad habit of saying stuff doesn't fit when really it has nothing to do with your vehicle...

Example: I purchased a D3 (that they said fit) and I also purchased a 12-Disk CD-Changer for the D3... Crutchfield says the CD-Changer didn't fit my car... That really makes no sense since it plugs into the D3 and can be mounted virtually anywhere...

Unless the item specifically replaces a factory unit, I have found that Crutchfield defaults to "does not fit"...

Checkout the PAC web site to be certain the PAC SWI-PS works for your particular make and model and year...

Good luck,

Mark

Thanks! I went there and it can be used in my car. Weird. Another question, is this the right wire harness for the 2007 Civics? Crutchfield Item #120701722. If not which one is?

I got the AVIC-D3 and here is all the stuff i am going to order from crutchfeild.

Item #142HA1561B - Scosche OEM Adapter 06-Up Honda Civic DD, E Blue

Item #127SWIPS - PAC SWI-PS

Item #12040HD10 - Honda Antenna Adapter Motorola Male to OEM Female

Item #120701722 - Honda Wire Harness receiver, 2006-up

Is that everything i need? Thanks!

I installed a D3 in my 2006 civic recently. The antenna adapter and wiring harness are the correct part #'s. Not sure about the dash kit #, as I used an OEM Honda dash piece. The OEM Navi piece is supposedly better than the aftermarket ones in terms of fit and color match.

The OEM Navi piece is supposedly better than the aftermarket ones in terms of fit and color match.

Actually, now that you say that, I remember reading in another thread that a person bought the factory NAVI trim from the dealer and was MUCH more satisfied than with the aftermarket trim...

Good luck,

Mark

• 1 year later...

Check with your local Honda dealer. I just bought one for $35 including tax. It takes 2 days to arrive and it's factory so I know it will match. I also found one on line for $24.88 + s/h and is original factory equipment. The website is magauto.com. Put your cars info and the click on instrument panel, then inst panel again, radio pocket, view illustration, click on 14 gun metallic gun metallic right and it gives you the price. The one in Crutchfield is a little much for non factory, especially when you can buy factory for a lot less. Hope this helps.

Good luck!!