AVIC411.com

Pre-Update Z1, Post-Update Z1, and Z2 images available.

I pulled my drive, unlocked it (thanks DucatiBoy!), and imaged it. Restored the image to a Hitachi 30GB laptop drive, put it in the car and ran the bluetooth update. Pulled the drive and imaged it. BIG thanks to titos and ltl2007 for the Z2 image (and the accidental raptor image? ;-) ). I restored that to the drive and put it in the unit. It ran two updates to the firmware successfully, and eventually acquired the correct location. I don't have my parking brake hooked up so I couldn't play too much, and after about 10 minutes it rebooted and gave the Can't-Find-The-Hard-Drive error message.

I haven't had a chance to play with the files themselves yet, but anybody who needs specific files from any of the images, let me know and I'll send you a PM with a link. I feel like we're closing in on this one! :)

Hyperite...there is a HDD that I've been using it is not an automotive HDD but I've logged thousands of miles and many hours on this one and it has worked very well. It may not work well in extreme conditions temp. vibration etc. but it has not failed me yet. It is a toshiba 4032 GAX. $44.95 at Chief Value online.

ive been trying to FTP out the Z2 image i have, but at 17GB it takes almost a week. if anybody wants one i can burn them to DVD and mail them.

DVD-DL only holds 8 gigs anyway... but what files did you need from the Pre-BT image? I'll upload them...

ltl, sent you a PM w/ the location (same FTP as last time). I think we're on the same page as to how we're going about this. I know you've got some things in mind to check on, but if you're interested in the path I'm taking, I'd steer you towards PRG1\APL\Navi.exe, as it is the only file that has a size change with the bluetooth update, and replacing it on the updated Z1 with the file from the non-BTupdated version allows for the flasher unlock ;-) But I'll save you some time... putting it on the Z2 has no effect.

OK, change from what I said earlier. The Navi.exe is a different size, but that actually isn't the trigger for the bypass. Seems it searches for a 0 byte file in the SDATA root called PRG.FLG which seems to be a flag of some sort. Using a bluetooth updated Z1 and removing that file yields a flash-bypassable Z1 instead of pin-grounded-bypassable. Innnnnteresting. And there is no PRG.FLG file on the Z2.

can I please get a link to the images I have a Z2 to play with just and a locked drive thinking about switching the bottom circut board (same model) in hopes it will release the lock and allow a reformat and reinstalling the image back on .