AVIC411.com

I know its been said over and over, but please help

Just got the Z1 in my honda crv, with the lights trick, when do i flash, and how can i tell if my wires are hooked up correctly, i had it installed at the local best buy and im not sure how they hooked up the wires, so someones just give me a round about helping answer....thankssss
john
You want to know if the wires are connected correctly so it "reacts" to headlights. Just go to a nav screen (either the 3d one or the overhead one) and turn on your lights. Does the screen get dark? If so the illumination wire is connected correctly. If not, then they didn't hook up the illumination wire.

You can also check the connection screen, hit menu go to settings, then hardware and then connection status I believe. There is an ILLUMINATION line, turn the lights on and off and it will change the state on that line if it's connected correctly.

If it is, turn your lights on and off when you see the "starting pioneer navigation" text screen when you turn the car on. If it's not connected correctly, you can flash your lights till the cows come home and it won't do anything.

Mooo... oh one just came home.
ok the screen did not get dark, and the illumination says "off" when the lights are off, and "off" when the lights are on.....sonofabitch, well i guess when my bluetooth piece comes im going to install that myslef and while im back there what do i have to do, just make sure the orange wire from the harness and the orange wire to the car connect?
Sorry about that. You need to connect the Orange ILL wire from the Z1 to something that goes to 12V when you turn the lights on. I don't know what might be in your CRV. I don't know what color it is. If it was as easy as orange wire to orange wire, best buy would have probably done it. My guess is that you might not have this wire in the wire harness for the radio. Just a guess though. You might have to hunt a wire down that would work. Sometimes at the light switch or the fuse box or something. And if you find one and it works, and you get sick of flashing your lights every time, I made a little circuit to do it for you.
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166[/url]
It really upsets me when I hear stories like this. You pay good money to have a "professional" install your unit and you get a half assed job back. No wonder the only time I take something to a dealer for repair is for warranty coverage. You just can't trust them.

If I were you, I would send an email to Best Buy's upper management and express your displeasure with their service. Name names and dates. Honestly, if they can't do a better job than that, they should be doing something else for a living. At the very least they should have told you they couldn't/wouldn't hook it up for whatever reason.