AVIC411.com

Help me D2 or Z1 quick questions

Guest longislandtree

[quote name="NYRngrs24"]gnat- you are more patient than I am. i was just annoyed at theoff deal, and searching. faster to do thru the ipod of course, and with the color screen on the ipod its easy to read[/quote]

Yeah, I guess I just got used to having to press the SRC button to start it. I have to press OK to cancel the warning message every time I start the car anyway, so adding a 2nd button to push wasn't that big of a deal. It does annoy me more than the slow searching though.

Searching via iPod would be significantly faster, but my iPod is a bit out of reach while driving since it's in the glovebox and my truck is wide enough I'd have to lean over pretty far.

I did find that using the knob to go up/down responds a little faster than using the touchscreen SEEK buttons.
so why does the music stop playing when you search for songs with the cdib100II? I mean I hardly search for songs because I just have playlists up, but every once in a while i will seach for one. That will probably be the most annoying thing for me, I can tolerate the slow speed
It's because the D2 doesn't support the Enhanced iPod interface mode, so the CD-IB100II is seen as an "External Device". I think only some 2006 models support the Enhanced iPod interface mode, and the D2 is just a recycled D1 (2005 model) with no hardware upgrades, just map and software upgrades which is why it doesn't support Enhanced iPod mode.

The music doesn't just stop playing, the IB100II in "External Device" mode technically doesn't support browsing at all. You can go up/down by playlist (and I think album, artist, etc), but whenever you do, it automatically starts playing the first song from each playlist which is why it interrupts the playback of the current song. It basically treats it like a CD changer. The IB100II is really really slow, it takes almost 4 seconds to go up or down a playlist.