AVIC411.com

Everything is installed and I had it working perfectly. Right now I am having issues with it saving settings when I turn the car off even though I didn't change any wires and it seemed to be working before. I will have to fix that later.

My main question now is about the static issue. I have been reading the forum and found that a lot of you that have factory amps bypass them or you are having massive problems with RCA cables. The RCA cables seem to be isolated it the harness that pioneer provides, from what you guys have said. I received with my unit a direct plug-in to the old harness (Crutchfield sent me it when I purchased the unit). My car came with the "premium" Bose system, not sure how premium it is especially since I upgraded to MB Quart speakers and took out the old Bose speakers. The car HAS a FACTORY AMP. Should I just cut it out of the system or not?

Seems like everyone is saying that the pioneers have grounding issues and that they all have some whine/static. It is not alternator whine, just massive static during everything, ipod, sirius, radio, gps.

Any solutions?

Thanks guys/girls.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...