AVIC411.com

Another FNG. Need some advise.

Greetings to all of you fine people, I'm new here, but, have read many of your posts and fine information. I have just installed my new system and am having a bit of a problem and am looking for some advise. The following is the system configuration and setup.

AVIC-D3 (bypassed and appears to be working)

GEX-P10XMT XM receiver

CB-IB100II iPod interface

PWI-PS Steering wheel controler

ND-BC2 Back-up camera

Installed in: 2005 Ford F-350 Super Cab

Installed by: Me

The camera is not yet installed, but all of the rest are. All, except the iPod interface, work properly. My speed sensor shows a rise and fall with speed changes. The navigation works well, and am able to use all functions as I drive (thus the assumption that the bypass worked), but I have not fully tested the system for DVD play. No error messages come up when the unit is in motion or when first turned on and in the hardware screen it shows the parking brake to be "on". Imagine that!!!

Now here is the problem: The iPod selection is grayed out on the panel, the other functions are lit and available for selection. When I hook up the iPod, it shows to charge, and displays the Pioneer logo on the iPod screen. I have no control of the iPod or the AVIC unit. The head unit never shows the iPod to be connected. I am getting music from the iPod but it only plays the songs in the order they are listed on the iPod prior to connecting to the D3. I have the XM and the iPod interface daisy chained (with the IP-BUS cables). I have tried the daisy chain with both XM first in the chain and iPod first in the change, no luck. The unit reports to be playing from the iPod at the top of the screen and shows the counter at the top also. I have tried the iPod interface as the only attachment, same results. It appears that it is playing as an external source, but no control over it. I have reset the head, the XM, and the iPod. I have turned the TV out to on and tried every other setting I could find. I have even done a hard reset to the system (disconnect power). Called tech support and they didn't have a clue but suggested that they would send a new unit. I'm not sure that the results will be any different. Does anyone have a clue???

If you folks would like, I will try to photo the install for uploading, just let me know.

Thanks

Dwight