AVIC411.com

Z2 RCA Connector 1 Pinouts

This was a bad night for Z2

Fixing my rear DVD by running shielded monster cables was going just fine... Until I hooked tested video again and had the same distortion. By the time I was done I have NO VIDEO INPUT now damnit... I tested the cable coming from rear on the REAR VIDEO and crystal clear. I am stumped. Either the video input is blown somehow or .. or .. I don't know.

The only thing I notice is the ground wire of video seems to be somewhat loose in the connector - loose enough to pull it out by hand. Likely the result of repetitive open / close maintenance. Could someone confirm the pinouts for aux video in (red and black wire - think its red top 4 from left facing back of connector where pins clip into place and the black wire directly under it - 4 pins from left on bottom row).

If that's indeed the location (in case I accidentally moved wire when it came loose), then I can only assume somehow its burnt. I get aux audio left / right just fine, just not video :( Really hate thought of having to get this swapped for a new unit / repaired! ugggg

Thanks so much for taking the effort to get me that! That red lead 4th from right is the positive video input signal - need to confirm the black negative video input lead is on bottom row (based on picture) , 4th from right. Can't see from picture... Please confirm or advise if corresponding black lead is other than bottom row 4th from right.

Thanks!

Thanks much eramos70. After all that I realized what the problem was - the plastic nib that holds connector in place was not doing its job... the connector wire was not fully seating therefore a loose connection. bent it in a bit and all is good now.