AVIC411.com

buzzing sound when hooking up xbox to d2

i tried putting my xbox in my car today, and when i hook it up there is a loud buzzing coming out of my speakers. i tried different power inverters and diff vid cables but still get it. my Avox video jukebox works fine. is the xbox drawing too much power from the car or is there something i can do to fix it?

thanks

Brian

now i tried my xbox and gamecube.. both make the buzzing sound. for shitz and gigglez i tried my old 8 bit NES and that was fine.. no buzzing or anything. i also tried my c64 plug and play controller thing and that was fine. so it has to be something with the power draw you think?

I had this problem with MY X-Box and Nitendo 8 Bits

Well i had this problem

But now it's cleared ... the reason is simple use a high quality Shield RCA connector ..

Because in car it have a lot or parisite ... and the sound grisch ..

it's samething for backup camera ... if the picture is noise ..

I installed my PS2 into my car as well, my power supply I bought off ebay connects to my ps2 to cigarrette lighter. And it does the buzzing noise as if it isnt grounded right. But I only hear it when nothing is playing on my ps2. So if im not watching a movie or playing a game I just unplug it. Dont know how to fix it though!

I am having the same issue with my power inverter and XBOX 360. I attempted to just plug it into the lighter for testing purposes. So its not really grounded at all. And the XBOX 360 plugs into the inverter obviously. The picture looks ok, no static on the picture.... However, the sound has a definatly noticable static noise coming through. I had a few ideas to solve this problem...

A. Ground out the Inverter once I have it wired in (not through the lighter plug)

B. I was told there is a Sound filter adapter of some sort that you can plug into your cables... that filters out the engine noise. I was told the static was more coming from the engine noise and alternator and traveling through the power cables, and then thrugh the RCA's to the speakers. It made sense...

Whats everyone else think?

This happens with ANY Pioneer AV unit. The problem is that Pioneer doesn't ground their shielding for the AV inputs inside the unit on the circuit board. No one knows why. I have even asked Pioneer Tech about this, they say it's a known problem.

The SIMPLE solution is to ground the outer shield of the RCA inputs. Either solder a 16-18ga. piece of wire to the outer shield of your cable, and ground it to the radio's ground wire, or CAREFULLY slice open just the outer shield of the cable, pull up some of the braided wire outer shielding, and solder a 16-18 ga. wire to that, and ground it to the radio ground wire.

NOTE that you do NOT need to do it to all three RCA inputs (Yellow, White, Red), just ground ONE of the shields on the inputs and will take care of the problem.

This will fix Audio buzzing, and will fix noisy video(lines scrolling thru picture.) You will commonly see this problem with an inverter and external AC source, but sometimes it occurs on portable units with no inverter involved.

Also, it is being common now to make factory AUX plugs in new cars work with these inputs, and Pioneer recommended to me that I make sure that when I make a splice RCA harness to adapt these factory 3.5mm audio jacks to a Pioneer deck, that I ground the shield as well. This will help the unit "trigger" on the AUX or AV inputs for the external audio source.

• 3 years later...