AVIC411.com

Trouble understanding NavTraf info on D3

I have a professionally installed D3 (not bypassed) with xm nav traffic. I am having trouble understanding the D3's implementation of the traffic service. The other day I selected a route that passed through a freeway that was flashing yellow with 20mph dots. When I selected "traffic on route" I was tolld "there is no traffic info available on your route" "would you like to see a list?" The list button was disabled....there was no way to respond to the question. Everytime I select "traffic on route" I get the same answer...no info... Clearly there IS traffic on the route as demonstrated by traffic flow colors....am I missing something here?

Was the traffic caused by an accident? Or just traffic backed up? The list will pull only up "incidents" like accidents, construction, etc. Did you get any voice prompts that said something like "There is slow traffic in one mile" or anything like that?

Just slow traffic....no voice prompts however...if I went back through the main menu I could get a list of incidents however the text in these boxes were clipped off so I couldn't tell whether they were occurring in my direction or away from me....pretty much useless...