AVIC411.com

Hey everyone....I've had my D3 in my new Escape for about two weeks now...and I just noticed that there is a funny, "air leaking" kind of sound that is present when there is no sound coming from the system. I just had the bypass done yesterday (works great.....thanks to everyone for that by the way) Now, I didn't notice this sound before the bypass was done, and the sound is definately not coming from the speakers at all.... The intensity of the sound changes depending on where the air flow control knob is set. When the air control knob is in the off position, the sound is at it's loudest...when you move the air control know to the "feet only" position, there is no sound and when the air flow control is set to AC the sound is decreased but still present.... What the heck is going on with that? I'm thinking that the guys who put my D3 in the dash didn't reconnect everything properly but wanted to check with everyone here first.....Thanks!!!!!

Just ask them to check the vacuum lines that plug into the a/c controls. Any somewhat vet installer will understand what it is your talking about. Odds are pretty good the plastic connector that holds them in place is partially undone. That's why it still works, but you're getting a leak. Worse comes to worse point them to this site.