AVIC411.com

Park Break Functions?

Hi all

Quick question please, I did search but couldn't find my answer. I have a Z1 I bought last year and have it all hooked up inside my 05 Mustang ok but I hate the fact I can't use half the functions unless I have my park brake on! If I have someone traveling with me in the car they could use the functions, is there anyway of enabling the functions whilst driving?

I use the light flashing circuit I bought here last year and that works

perfect so I don't want to screw that up.

Anyone offer any advice please?

Thank you

Yah, the circuit you bought is probably mine.

If you have a parking brake still connected you need to make sure it's not connected or you leave the parking brake off when you start the vehicle.

If you need the parking brake to enable or disable the extra features, the circuit is not working or not hooked up right.

You can try turning on and off the headlights, does the screen dim? If so and the circuit is installed correctly it's functioning correctly. You can also try leaving the parking OFF, reset the Z1 with the recessed button to the right of eject, then turn on the car and see if the Z1 is bypassed. If you pull the parking brake on and off and it's connected it effects the flashing of the headlights.

If you want to either PM me or email me at my contact list here: http://www.sminntech.com/contact.html and I can try to walk you through getting this right.

Thanks ducatiboy

I should have thought that one through when I installed it, I figured the EBrake HAD to be connected still! Anyway cut the brake wire and its all working great now :)

Is there any disadvantage to having the brake disconnected?

Thank you again

Is there any disadvantage to having the brake disconnected?

With my circuit in there? No. In fact as you have seen it's worse with it connected. If you were not going to install my circuit with that one, then with the parking brake not connected to anything makes it so you HAVE to flash the lights manually every time you start the car to get to the locked out stuff and if you forget you are locked out till you restart the car. But with my circuit in there, if the parking brake is not connected it doesn't matter, it never forgets, so it's like it's bypassed permanently.

Good man :)

To be honest I bought it for DVD playback whilst driving didn't realise it opened up all the other functions too, I always had to have the car with the brake off to use that function which I rarley did !

Good work, keep it up.

Hello ducatiboy

Quick question, I use a remote start on my Mustang GT (05) and when I use the remote start to start the car up it won't work the light flashing circuit as menu's are locked.

Any ideas how I can fix this problem?

Thank you

Stuart

Quick question, I use a remote start on my Mustang GT (05) and when I use the remote start to start the car up it won't work the light flashing circuit as menu's are locked.

Any ideas how I can fix this problem?

This is most likely because the circuit is hooked to red +12. The oldest circuits had to be hooked this way and the only problem was this exact thing, the remote starts interfere with the correct timing.

Newer circuits (ones with white dots painted on them) can hook the power of my circuit to the remote turn on (slightly different timing and the newer circuits needed new software to handle both installation methods).

So check your circuit for a white dot on it (or let me know when you bought it, the date would let me know when I made the change and if you might have it). If you have a white dot change the installation to be like this:

Hello

Thanks for getting back to me, I purchased your flashing circuit 1 year ago, 06 May 2006, just checked and no white spot on the circuit.

When you say the new one connects to the "can hook the power of my circuit to the remote turn on" can you please elaborate a little more on how I would do this please?

Thank you :)

Stu

Yah, that was before I realized there were some alarms and remote starters which interferred with this.

Anyway the old way of installing was this:

From here:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1fcinstall.html

z1flasherinstall.jpg

The new way is this:

From here:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1fcinstall2.html

z1flasherinstall2.jpg

If you have a newer circuit with the white dot, the red power wire from my circuit can be hooked either way. The older ones are only for the first way. The second way would fix your problem.

Did that help? I was hoping the picture=1000 words thing might clear this up if you saw these in one spot.