AVIC411.com

Questions about Z1 problems

After carefully reseaching Double Din nav. systems i decided to go with the Z1. When i went down to the local car audio shop the guy there was very anti-Pioneer and was pushing the Panisonic Strada. He told me there had been extensive problems with the Z1. In fact he said that 75% of the original Z1 were returned (he didnt specify if that was 75% of the ones he sold or nationwide). I smell some B.S. and was wondering what yall think. Thanks in advance for the help

Well we are all pretty much pioneer fans. I have not heard of that many getting returned. There are going to be returns, but the failure rate (from what you can tell hanging out here) is very low. For as complex as this unit is, I'm amazed it's as reliable as it has turned out to be.

He is bullshitting you, lots of Z1 users on here and very few defects. Strada navi looks almost exactly like eclipse which is not a positive thing in my opinion. Chassis looks cheaper than the Z1, and I think with the panasonic, you have to buy an adaptor before you can add on accessories like ipod, sat radio, etc. He probably makes more money on the Panasonic so he tried to crap on the Pioneer to make you want it instead

I have purchased 2 pioneer units. An avic D-2, and a Z1. The D-2 is in my friends car, and the Z1 is in my Mariner. Both units work excellent. The D2 performs very rapidy with navigation calculations, and plays music with excellent quality. The Z1 performs excellent too, I love the library system for storing music CD's...and it has a multitude of adjustments and enhancements such as a rear cam, Blutooth, and I also have the XM unit installed. I purchased the D2 and Z1 in January, I installed them both, and they are great. I also had a Lincoln Zephyr with the factory Navigation unit. It is also manufactured by pioneer. It worked fantastic too. I highly recommend these units to anyone I know looking into this automobile radio upgrade.

this is good to hear, i was worried when I read post #1 but I was pretty sure that Pinoeer was much better than Panasonic, but I hear the Eclipse is better, but it didn't have a HD/ was too much $$

im a newbie sorry,

-Brett