AVIC411.com

switch for VSS??

I just had my N3 installed yesterday. the switch was flipped but im not sure if they grounded the parking brake wire. I'm still able to watch a dvd while driving though. I think it's due to a switch under the dash that appears to be connected to the VSS wire. when I push it it says watching video is strictly prohibited or something like that. is this normal? I cant test the VSS becasue i dont have the nav disk but it looks like to check i'd have to have the disk and see if the VSS works without the switch on.

also on an '02 f150 supercrew, where would be the normal install location of the brain?

I didn't do it. the shop where i got it installed did. it turns out it's not the VSS. its a pink wire that me and another friend who works at a differnet shop mistook for the VSS. I still dont quite understand it though. its a pink wire with a button on it and when the button isn't pushed the unit is bypassed but if i push it i get the THIS IS ILLEGAL message

I didn't do it. the shop where i got it installed did. it turns out it's not the VSS. its a pink wire that me and another friend who works at a differnet shop mistook for the VSS. I still dont quite understand it though. its a pink wire with a button on it and when the button isn't pushed the unit is bypassed but if i push it i get the THIS IS ILLEGAL message