AVIC411.com

Z2 in a 03 Camry

Hey there, I'm going to be having a Z2 arriving to my house sometime next week and have been searching around here but couldn't find an answer to this one.

Do you guys ground the brake wire for the Z2? If not, is there a brake wire I can wire the unit to w/o taking out the center console where the handbrake is (and if so where is this)?

Also, on one of the searches, MisFit says

Reverse Light red/black + DKP or bottom of fusebox, 20 pin plg

Any idea what DKP means and anyone have an exact picture of this?

btw, it's an 03 Camry with stock headunit no jbl.

It's not my first time installing a unit, but it sure is a first for a navigation unit + this car.

I can find the brake wire (red/white) along with the reverse light wire (red/black)? I haven't had the time to install it yet, but I checked the bottom of the fusebox(DKP), is the 20 pin plug the black one with all the wires wrapped in a black plastic sheathing? Anyone have a picture of this? If it is so, this will require removing the bottom panel am I correct? Doesn't look like I can reach there just by removing the fusebox lid unless I am wrong.

bringing this from the dead !

I believe I found the 20pin plug (w/ the red-black wire) for the reverse light, I'm not too sure. When I take out the plug, handbrake on, and put the car in reverse, the reverse lights still come on. Is that supposed to happen?

You don't have the right one then. Best bet is to open up the harness that runs to the rear of the car. There's 2 red/black wires in that bundle, one of them is the reverse wire. It'll show +12volts when you shift the car into reverse. I took a picture of it once, but I can't seem to locate the picture anymore.