AVIC411.com

backup camera is permanently powered - D3 always displays it

So, I have the backup camera permanently powered. Which is nice to be able to enable it while driving and see who's behind me.

and the d3 bypass is enabled.

The problem is whenever the car starts, it defaults to displaying the rear view as the D3 is starting up. Going into Reverse doesn't automatically switch over to the camera anymore.

Anyone have ideas?

Check your system/hardware status screen... See what it says for reverse when you are actually in reverse and when you are not...

Sounds as if your system thinks the vehicle is always in reverse...

When I connected my reverse camera, I connected the power wire to a switched source and I connected the ground to ground... Then, I connected the D3's reverse wire to my rear taillight power wire...

To me it sounds like your D3 reverse wire is connected to something that is constantly getting 12v...

Good luck,

Mark

yup he's right. the reverse gear wire is connected to a 12v constant source so the unit thinks u are always in reverse. I ran a toggle switch to the reverse gear wire and the power of the camera. That way I can flip the switch and see whats behind me.

• 5 weeks later...

I am having this same problem....I have an 07 Ram and I used the CHYA05 (I think this is the right number) canbus harness. I connected the reverse input from the D3 to the reverse output on the interface. Any ideas on how to make it come on when its actually in reverse?

Take a voltmeter and read the reverse wire you connected to on the RAM canbus harness and see if it is changing when you put the truck into reverse. If it is, there may just be a setting to change on the D3 so it works correctly.

If it is not changing then run a wire to your reverse lights instead of using the canbus adapter.