AVIC411.com

Any opinions on Shipdog.com?

I am looking to finally get my Z2 soon, so I have been looking into best prices.

Shipdog.com

is listing it for $1558.

With that price I can get all the extras I want (bluetooth, XM, & Sirius & even an instore extended warranty) for a total that is cheaper than Bestbuy for just the unit.

What do you guys think?

I know there is an inherant risk buying anything on the internet, but it sure looks like a heck of a deal.

That is the only thing that worries me.

I am really somewhat dissapointed that Pioneer would sell to someone, then turn around and say they arnt going to warranty their item because they sold it to a "non-authorized" shop.

That's how they get to sell for a better price. I believe that authorized dealers have to sell the unit for close to MSRP,

I am really somewhat dissapointed that Pioneer would sell to someone, then turn around and say they arnt going to warranty their item because they sold it to a "non-authorized" shop.

That's how they get to sell for a better price. I believe that authorized dealers have to sell the unit for close to MSRP,

its not about having to sell it a certain price. these unauthorized guys must get some kind of shady back end deals. i am an authorized pioneer dealer, and i sometimes see this stuff online for less than what i pay for the units. other times its only a few dollars more. i'll give good prices on stuff, but i cant compete with these internet guys. its just not worth the effort to make $10 on a $1,000 unit

Well Pioneer wont warranty the item but check Shipdogs site, because I bought mine from PowersellerNYC and they have their own warranty for the Z1. I had a problem with my first Z1 and their warranty covered it.