AVIC411.com

It would be really easy to install the thru-glass type, thats why... I'd rather not drill holes in a brand new truck. Running the cable thru the firewall, then trying to snake it up thru the windshield moulding to the roof, or out the high mounted brakelight (possibly causing a leak) both seem like more work than I was wanting to do...

Plus I don't like exposed wires - both of those methods would leave some wire exposed. Obviously hanging it out the door frame or one of those tactics is not happening...

I would probably drill and mount a roof mounted antenna if that was the only way to get solid performance and a clean install...

The antenna came today. Unfortunately, it has TWO antenna plugs, a green & a yellow. I think that's because some (OEM) XM receivers had separate connectors for sat and terrestial repeater inputs.

I've seen splitters to use single output antennas with dual input receivers, but never the other way around... Now I'm not sure that I can use this antenna.... Guess it's gotta go back...

The green and yellow connectors are from the olden days. (thinks back with fondness). Originally (I think) the terrrestrial and sat signals came in from the antenna seperately. the older Pioneer units had two connectors, but I am not sure if they'll support the 16 chars vs the older 8char displays (or any of the nav units for that matter). i know that I originally had a GEX-P903 plugged into my DEH-7500MP and it had the two plugs. I even had that ugly Terk antenna that always seemed to work great! i couldn't find any pictures of the unit, but my guess is that is what those two antenna connectors are for..

Too bad too, not having to drill is nice, but c'est la vie!