AVIC411.com

Has navigation improved in Z2 over Z1??

I also have the same problems that you have with my Z1. Please everyone call pioneer and complain because when I did all they said was we haven't heard of any problems of routing or voice recognition. The rep gave me a case number and told me to call back when the software upgrade comes out. Oh boy I get to spend more money for the same $hity system!

Have you tried adjusting some options that determine the route between FASTEST, SHORTEST, etc ?

I'd have to say that a lot of the frustrations I was having in regards to navigation on the Z1 went away when I started changing the route options dependent upon whether or not I wanted to be on the highway, toll road, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had similar problems as you reported problem. That bitch gets in her head to go one way and no mater what would not reroute which was about 38 miles shorter. Voice recognition is completely worthless. I can't get it to recognize hardly anything. I wish that they had a training program like other speech programs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I read this thread, I think Pioneer Navi has been sub par with the rest.

This confuses me because doesn't Pioneer use TeleAtlas for their mapping data? Other navi's use this too and should be pretty reliable.

Putting in my 2 cents, I'm in the Seattle area and I can't seem to reproduce the type of issues you are having with your z1 in toronto.

Its been perfect in all destinations I put it.

As for the voice recognition, I'm very impressed with how well it works. I have mine in the A-pillar which is right above my head and close.

Can others chime in and describe your location + and how well the z1 performs in your area.

• 4 months later...
Z1 route to this location shows an unexplainable 53 km detour.

Z-1_20070522_0128sml.jpg

At the top of this thread I had asked the question: Is the Z2 any better when it comes to navigation? :?:

And fianally the answer: YES routing is much improved in the Z2. No more 53 km detour (which by the way never changed regadless of how often I drove to that destination

IMG_3235e.jpg