AVIC411.com

Voice Commands Questions Revisted

In the hopes that there is some out there with a phone that works with the CD-BTB200 adapter correctly they will respond in a new post.

I just had the D3 installed this weekend and it works great except for the Bluetooth capabilities. I was happening to get a lot of the same functionality as the hard connection cradle i had in my truck but was sadly mistaken. What I found was a very frustrating three days of working with pioneer saying the radio and Bluetooth are working as intended even going as far to tell me that voice recognition has nothing to do with the voice recognition in the phone.

So in short if you have a Bluetooth phone that gives you the ability to here voice commands through the car speakers please respond with the carrier and phone model. I am using the Motorola Q with the latest software that supports full address book transfer.

Thanks in advance for you help with any response to this post, even if it is a STFU.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here. I have the D3 with BTB200 and the Motorola Q. I've call Pioneer several times and get a different answer from a different tech each time I call. I still have no voice recognition through the D3. One Pioneer tech has said it is the windows mobile O/S that conflicts. Another said its the phone. Another rep said they were aware of the problem and Pioneer was woking on a fix. The next rep went in the other direction saying there is no fix and Pioneer is not going to work on a fix for a phone problem. I wish they would get it together and fix the freaking problem. :(

• 7 months later...
Guest astrobill

I'm having the same issue:

The CD-BTB200 and AVIC D3 are muting the voice dialing prompts from my Motorola RAZR V3m (Sprint) to nearly inaudible levels. If I turn the AVIC volume all the way up to maximum, I can just about BARELY hear the voice prompts -- their so faint, I almost think they're coming from the bluetooth box behind my dash (directly) and not the speakers (haha).

The phone *is* hearing me and asking me things ("did you say 'Call Jim" or whatever), but the prompts are just not audible.

Once a call starts, the ringing and conversation volume is fine and everything works great.

The phone is otherwise working great with the AVIC (e.g., phone book totally transferred in one shot, no other issues, sound is great, etc.). Even for voice dialing here, it *IS* properly having its voice dial mode activated when I touch the "Voice" button on the AVIC's touchsceen.

Here's a post online where a guy says he has the same issue, and that he called Pioneer -- who told him this is a known issue, but that they really don't have any plans on fixing it or issuing a software fix:

http://www.fifthelectron.com/ItemB000MY72F0.aspx

So, I have to physically pick up my phone and look (while driving) to see if my cell phone properly guessed who I asked to call, or if it's asking me something else!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest astrobill

No fix yet....I'm really annoyed at Pioneer. This prevents the AVIC from truly being a hands-free phone option, and represents a safety issue at this point. Bottom line: they didn't program their Bluetooth unit in accordance with the Bluetooth standards documents, and need to fix this right away!

I called tech support earlier last week and they said nope no update so register your product and we will let you know when we had one. I even went as far to order another Bluetooth adapter and that was just a waste of time.

I am thinking of scraping the bluetoothe feature and go with a nother brand like parrot or smoothtalker.

I'm having the same issue:

The CD-BTB200 and AVIC D3 are muting the voice dialing prompts from my Motorola RAZR V3m (Sprint) to nearly inaudible levels. If I turn the AVIC volume all the way up to maximum, I can just about BARELY hear the voice prompts -- their so faint, I almost think they're coming from the bluetooth box behind my dash (directly) and not the speakers (haha).

The phone *is* hearing me and asking me things ("did you say 'Call Jim" or whatever), but the prompts are just not audible.

Once a call starts, the ringing and conversation volume is fine and everything works great.

Same exact problem here with a AT&T (HTC) Tilt using MS Voice Command. The really annoying thing about it is there is a loud hissing sound while in BT-Tel and not on a call, so it seems as if the volume is high, and the prompts should be nice and loud. One of the many disappointments of the D3.

Guest astrobill

It's becoming obvious this affects nearly ALL phones that use the AVIC and CDBTB200 combo.

Note: Regarding the hissing Yettavr6 refers to...that's not really a problem with the Bluetooth programming that Pioneer did. A number of people (including myself) have run into the hissing problem and some have posted about it on here. It's usually due to one or more of the following:

1. Your microphone being mounted in a bad location.

2. The microphone not being the one that came with the unit.

3. You spliced into the microphone wire (or accidentally nicked it).

4. The CDBTB200 might be mounted too close to other electronics in your car (including the AVIC head unit itself). Make sure you move it as far from other units as you can to avoid RF interference.

5. The "default volume" is getting set incorrectly when the BTB200 first "connects" with your phone -- the manual very briefly talks about this (in very poor japanese to english translation)