AVIC411.com

Question about Bluetooth Update and the 07/06 Bypass

Hey guys,

Got my Z1 installed yesterday (it looks great!) and it turns out that it did not have the update on it, so I'm currently flashing my headlights to bypass the unit. Though people are telling me that they hear little to no echo when using my bluetooth phone through the Avic, I think I still want to do the Bluetooth update and then have my installer do the 07/06 Bypass of grounding the 2 wires.

My question is this: Has anyone ever done the bluetooth update then tried the 07/06 bypass and had it not work, and then been stuck with a Z1 unit that can't be bypassed? That is my one and only fear. Pioneer has already sent me the update cd (will be here any day now), but I'd rather have the older bypass and no update than have the update and take a risk that my Z1 bypass will go away and the 07/06 won't work either.

I searched the forums extensively, and though there are many topics talking about the Bluetooth update, I did not see one comment about not being able to do the 07/06 bypass after the update.

Thanks guys for your help.

My question is this: Has anyone ever done the bluetooth update then tried the 07/06 bypass and had it not work, and then been stuck with a Z1 unit that can't be bypassed?

Actually, I think the majority of us that did the bluetooth update noticed a small improvement. When you first paired your phone with your Z1, whatever the bluetooth headset volume was on your phone, your Z1 will always re-pair at that volume. If you initially paired it with a high volume and you add more volume through the Z1's settings, you will get the echo. If you initially paired it with a low bluetooth headset volume on your phone, you will get little to no echo even if you raise the volume on the Z1 to almost max. The way it sounds, you probably had the volume on low before you paired it with the Z1. I just spoke to a Pioneer tech a few days ago and he said that all the bluetooth update does is resets the memorized volume and makes it so that it doesn't matter what the volume is on your phone; the Z1 will always use a preset volume for bluetooth. In my opinion, if you already have little to no echo, don't do the update.

I just spoke to a Pioneer tech a few days ago and he said that all the bluetooth update does is resets the memorized volume and makes it so that it doesn't matter what the volume is on your phone

Did he say anything about why it changes the way the unit has to be bypassed?