AVIC411.com

strange intermittent non-signal-output from Z2? any ideas?

just finished an install on a doge ram 06 with an avic-z2...everyhitng works great...

except once in a while, maybe on every 10th start, the rca output just doesnt come out, i checked every thing else in the signal chain, amps turn on, eq turning on, basically the Z2 just decides not to send signal out of hte rca output on that occassion.

tuning the car off and starting it back it instantly comes back, or resetting the unit via the rest button does the same thing...

checked all wiring behind there, all solid...anyone else encounter this issue before?

b

Just read through the install you did. Awesome job by the way, at any rate, have you tried disconnecting the speakers you have hooked up to the z1s amp? I doubt you used the factory wiring for those, but if you did and the terminals for the center channel speaker are grounding out, that could cause the no output situation you're running into. Yeah I ramble alot sorry.

hey guys, its not an rca problem, swapped rcas same thing, its narrowed down to the Z2...i ran all new wires to the stock dash pseakers, never even came cloes to the stock wiring...but i dont think its that, its some sort of internal problem with the Z2 i think, beucase if it was a wiring problem, it wouldnt make sense that everytime i reset or turn the unit off and on, it would fix it, and driving over rough terrain does nothing, i double checked wiring etc...but it probably will end up going to pioneer for service in a few weeks if it continues to happen.

b