AVIC411.com

Z2 video in motion

I think this has been posted.....

my installer installed a swicth so that when i start moving and the video goes off it turns the video back on. the downside is there is no touch control and there is a banner at the top that says objects may appear in reverse but it seems to work fine for me. also there is a rear view camera mode on the navigation. when i flip the switch 2/3 of the screen is the video and 1/3 is the navigation. in this mode there are no banners just the video. i still need a full bypass for the navigation but for now this will work.

I will post pics as soon as i get around a camera. The basics of the install is that you loop the dvd to the rear view camera input. as soon as you flip the switch the z2 thinks it is showing the camera when in fact it is the dvd. the sound continues to play the whole time. my parking brake is grounded/enabled which allows the rear view cam i believe. the vss is still connected.

ok so first we gotta ground the unit? then what you mean by loop? and what switch? sorry costco shipped my order but i still havnt have my z2 in hands to see it. man removing/re installing it on my 06 is going to be a pain , costco has contracts with installer card so they install it , i wonder if they have a bypass (connections with pioneer) i hope crossing fingers...

but again back to my question loop? fliping switch?

• 3 weeks later...

The backup camera trick will work on the Z2, and, if you install a video switcher, you can still use the camera. The audio output remains on whatever source was playing when you went into reverse(or flipped the switch that told the Z2 you did), so that is a viable solution, if you don't mind the "reversed" statement on the screen. NOTE: This will NOT allow you to do a damn thing with the navigation lockout, however. If you are somewhat adept with relays, you could even build your own switcher with 2 Bosch DPST mini-giants.