AVIC411.com

Connecting Sub to D3?

Hey guys, I just have a general question about how to connect a sub to the D3.

So I was looking at the specs and saw that it has Composite A/V outputs. I'm assuming this is for monitors in the back right? Now if I hooked up a monitor for example, would the monitors always be active? Or do I have to activate it some how?

I'm asking because maybe this is where I can hook up my sub into? Can I just leave out the video wire and connect the RCA from my amp connected to my sub to the D3? Will the sub work properly without me having to turn on some kind of setting all the time?

I'm new to pre-outs and what not. Thanks!

the way that works is it always has the signal at the monitor in the rear...i dunno if the screens u put back there have the ability to turn on and off then yea u can have it off and as for running from ur composite out to the subs...itll sound terrible because the signal they put out is not the same as a sub preout....u'd actually have words and voice coming from ur subs....and thats not good...u need a sub output which the d3 also includes

Oh the D3 does have a sub output? I haven't received mine yet, and the Pioneer website didn't say it does. Is it just RCA cables that I need to plug in?

Also, I am actually bypassing the amp in the D3 and using my factory amp. Will the sub output still work?