AVIC411.com

what non-ipod options for music storage for d3??

hey all,

i'm interested in getting a d3 for my z..... i don't have an ipod and was wondering what other options are supported for music storage devices....

i see there is a USB cable option... what type of devices would connect to this.... anything other than ipod that would support video playback??

also, how is the user interface on the d3 when using non-ipod devices??

i'm could buy an ipod if that is the recommended interface to use.... however i would like to know my other options.... so i appreciate any and all comments you have...

thanks in advance,

JQ

The good news, if you go with an iPod, is there are a million(exaggerated a little) accessories that work directly with it. There are many home audio receivers that support iPod as well as alarm clocks, portable speakers, etc...

and this is what finally pushed me over the Ipod edge.

I held on to the Creative Zen as long as I could. But when it came to the car audio aspect, nothing beats sticking a loaded IPOD in the glovebox, locking it up, and having control over it via the headunit. No running dead on battery power, no cord sticking out of the cig lighter for charging, no having to hit "aux" on the head unit, and control things from a separate device..

i never had an ipod either til i got my z1. i dont know how i ever lived without it. i take it in my car, my wifes car, every stereo in the house. i dont even mind mowing the lawn anymore. definitely the best invention yet

i never had an ipod either til i got my z1. i dont know how i ever lived without it. i take it in my car, my wifes car, every stereo in the house. i dont even mind mowing the lawn anymore. definitely the best invention yet

ive had an ipod for years and i can honestly say - those things are some of the BEST inventions ever made, imho

sure, they cost a ton for what they really do - HOWEVER - they have given me COUNTLESS hours of entertainment - in the car, in the house, on a plane, on a train, walking, working out, at work, etc - pretty much everywhere i go, i can use my ipod

its always been somewhat of a hassle to use it in the car - i always had a cable coming out of the glove box or out of my center console just to get the audio to work - then, when the battery was low, another cable connecting it to the 12v adapter

the MAIN reason i purchased the d3 was because of the ipod integration and its just the best i have EVER seen on ANY car unit

i recommend you bite the bullet and get an ipod - check out apple.com's refurb area - the things carry the same warranty as a new ipod and they are cosmetically perfect (apple changes the cases on any unit that has cosmetic defects)