AVIC411.com

anyone who bought from mytaxfree???

just outta curiousity who all has boughten from them? im curious because i bought mine at the beining of the month (june) and its the 21 already and i just got a tracking number in my email that says it wong get delivered for another 4 days! wtf???
Yeah, I ordered from them on 13-Jun-06 and just yesterday, 21-Jun-06, got a tracking number; a lot longer than the promised 24-48 hours. I actually had to call them and email them to get some kind of action out of them. Of course they charged my card almost immediately which is not something most reputable businesses do.

From reading their ratings on [url=http://ww.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/merchant_detail__mid--110116.html]BizRate[/url] it seems they have some serious problems with deliveries. Their complaints on the [url=http://www.data.bbb.org/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wilmington/wilmington/showrpt.html?zid=QEGpGhJfLg]Better Business Bureau[/url] website are mostly about delivery issues: all of them except one has been resolved.

What I'm guessing is they take a bunch of orders, charge the people's cards, then order the items from their own suppliers. This allows them to avoid the whole money pit of maintaining stock of everything they want to sell. They're useing your own money to buy the item from somewhere else at real wholesale prices and then add a little on the top for their profit. Since they never use their own money it's a much cheaper business model to run. The problem being that you're just not going to get repeat business because you've pissed off your customers but with the Internet you've got an endless supply of fresh suckers wanting a deal.

What sucks is that they could have turned this business model into a positive by spinning the wholesale aspect. They could sell it as giving you access to wholesale prices, almost like one of those warehouse clubs but without the membership fee. Once they have you all wrapped up in the excitement of getting such great prices they can explain that since they get such good prices shipping takes a little longer. At this point it's a non-issue because the customer expects his item to take about 4-6 weeks to get to him. If you get it to him in 3 weeks he's happy. Where as if you tell him it's going to be there in a week you are going to have one ticked off customer.

So, after reading all of the horrible comments on [url=http://ww.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/merchant_detail__mid--110116.html]BizRate[/url] and with my own dodgy experiance with them I [b]don't[/b] feel safe ordering from them again. [b]But[/b], if you want to save a bunch of money off retail and don't mind waiting a month or so for your item then MyTaxFree is fine. However, if you want your stuff right away you might want to pay $30 more and buy from some other place.
Guest theblueprint
I got my Z1 from them, and the whole time I couldnt help but think I was getting jipped...they dont answer the phones, the DONT respond to emails...and overall its just a stressful situation when you have $1500 sitting in these peoples hands your not even sure REALLY even have a legitimate business. But here is my story. I ordered mine on May 11 and I never got a confirmation email...I called and they answered on the first try and they said my order would go out the 17th...because they needed 3 days to process my order....but the website only says 24 hours. I let it slide. i was thinking what the hell I got it for cheap. So then the 17th rolls around and my order is STILL PROCESSING...so I call about 30 times in 4 hours...NO ANSWER....im worried as hell at this point...but I'm thinking they have some sort of Caller ID in which they dont answer the phone for people they alreday robbed, so I got my wife to call, and they ANSWERED...and they gave her a tracking number. The package didnt show up in the system until Thursday and when I checked it, it said OUT FOR DELIVERY. Did I get the package? Hell no! I had to be home to sign for it. So Friday rolls around, and still NO ONE DELIVERED MY PACKAGE. Mind you I live in their neighboring state so Fedex Ground delivers in ONE DAY but I didnt end up getting my pacakge until Sat. the 20th at 8:00.

So if you can deal with the added worry...be my guest...if not...buy elsewhere!
yea i guess i shoulda asked about them first cuz my package sys it wont be here for another 2days....damn i knew i shoulda just got it from 6ave.com at least i woulda gotten good deals on extra periferals
I bought mine from there as well. They have crazy customer service but I did get my unit the next day with no problems yet for a real good price. If they have it in stock I would buy one from them as long as you can put up wit there customer service
I was all set to order thru mytaxfree, and I noticed they were about 10 miles away. I emailed asking about local pickup and got a shady response about seperate warehouse shipping (ie dropshipper)

But since they were the cheapest I saw, I decided to go ahead with the order anyway .... untill my checkout screen calculated standard 4-5day shipping at almost $250

I emailed them to find out if this was a mistake and have yet to hear back.

I eventually ordered thru 6ave and had the Z1 and bluetooth adapter 2 days later.
Well, my unit is supposed to get here tomorrow, a Saturday, so they screwed me again. If they had shipped it when I ordered it I would have had it on Monday but now I have to go to work on a Saturday and hope the driver doesn't say:

"Huh?! What is this! This is a business address and I deliver only to homes! What?! I must ignore the order to deliver this! Even though there is a note saying the recipient has called and said he will be there! I will now sing a catchy pop song! One more time, we're gunna celebrate! Oh yeah, all right, we're gunna celebrate, celebrate and dance so free... one more time..."

I know, a bit [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2003/10/13/interstella_5555_the_5tory_of_the_5ecret_5tar_5system_2003_review.shtml]Daft[/url], but the delivery guy is a little slow and likes to talk to [url=http://www.answers.com/hisself&r=67]hisself[/url].
I got mine from them as well, after ordering, got it a freakin month later. They do have the cheapest deal, but saving 200 wasnt worth the pain. My mistake. Also now that they arent officially Pioneer Dealers, how would the warranty issue work? My system has an issue with the CD/DVD player not working so im kinda stuck as to what to do.
well the warranty card i got was like a seperate piece of paper saying the z1 that i bought from mytaxfree was purchased at 'jade electronics'? but yea it says taht starting as of 4/12/06 jade electronics may no longer replace ANY pioneer navigation products that have eitehr defects or DOA for any other reason????? ima hav eto call mytaxfree cuz i got no clue wat that means