AVIC411.com

Avic Z1 and DivX

Ya I guess I could do that. What about mpeg files on a DVD or is it just pure DVD Video. What I want to do is put all my Music Video's (mpeg2 or mpeg format) onto a DVD.

This is becoming a deal breaker for me between the Z1 and the D3. From my understanding the Z1 doesn't play MP3's off a DVD either?

LOL the Z1 is a Deal Maker for me. Once I create a DVD disc with all my Music Videos on it, not only I can play it in my Navi, (z1), I can also play it on any other DVD player as well such as my PS2. I use a program that allows you to put menus and etc so its just like any other dvd.

I dont want a DVD disc with just Video files on it where I can't use it anywhere else. Because its just a disc with files on it.

LOL the Z1 is a Deal Maker for me. Once I create a DVD disc with all my Music Videos on it, not only I can play it in my Navi, (z1), I can also play it on any other DVD player as well such as my PS2. I use a program that allows you to put menus and etc so its just like any other dvd.

I dont want a DVD disc with just Video files on it where I can't use it anywhere else. Because its just a disc with files on it.

The real benefit behind DivX is the compression. It's the same idea as MP3. Why would you want to only be able to fit 74 minutes of music on a CD when you can fit many many hours of MP3's. Same idea with DiVX/XviD/etc. too bad Z1 doesnt support it.