AVIC411.com

Problem Keeping a Bluetooth Connection with my Treo 700wx

Ok, so I used to use the bluetooth module with my Sprint Blade (Samsung a900) all the time. However, now when I connect with my Treo 700wx, it stays connected for maybe a minute or two, and then disconnects for some reason. It's quite odd. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: I did some further searching and apparently most smartphones have this problem? BOO!!!!!

Is there ANY fix?

I have a Treo650 and I am having the same problem if my phone is on my belt. If I will set the phone in the ash tray (don't laugh :D) it works just fine.

Just find a place where your phone is close to your Navi and you should be in a good shape ;)

dimaj

im using the ipaq 6945 and it connects with no problem, but seems to disconnect/reconnect randomly for no apparent reason (even while in a call). Can't be the phone cause the phone doesn't have issues with any other BT enabled handsfree devices. I guesss its a combo of the phone and z2. I would like confirmation from somebody out there that has a BT phone hooked up and is completely stable ALL the time. this info would be good to eliminate official standardized code in the z2 prgramming as the problem. I would also like to know if anyone out there has a windows mobile phone that works perfect with z2 via BTooth. I'm just trying to narrow down the cause of the problem..... ya know?

PLEASE, to all out there, please post your cel/z2 experience (good or bad) on this thread so I can start to figure this thing out.

• 3 weeks later...

Have had two Treos: 650 and now a 750 (WM5.1). The 650 (PalmOS) connected without a hitch and the connection was stable ...... no dropped connection. The 750 I've just about given up on. Has never connected to the Z1. No changes to the Z1 from the 650 to the 750.

Won't give up the Treo, but would certainly like to get the BT working. Is there any little pearl someone can provide to help us out?

i have the verizon 700w and it does the samething i called pioneer and they told me that the NDBT-1 does not support palm phones.

WOW, I cant believe they told you that.

I have now had mine (Treo 755P) connected for a week worth of driving, which is over 600 miles for me, and it hasnt missed a beat.

my 700wx works ok.. Sometimes the bt does drop after a few min but the call doesnt.. I can just pick up my phone and continue the call.. Mabye future updates will cure the problem but I think its more of a phone issue than the pioneer.. my phone does the same crap when I try to use the BT to surf the web with the build in broadband..