AVIC411.com

RANT!!!!!! Talking on cell phone while driving...

I understand that, for much of the nation, walking and chewing gum at the same time is a very difficult task. So, it is not much of a suprise that (for some) talking on a cell phone while driving is also a daunting task. But I ask.... PLEASE if you cant friggin talk on a god damn cell phone and drive (while maintaining a speed that is equal to or more than the surrounding traffic) get your ASS off the phone.

Two times in a row today, within about 3 minutes of each other, I encountered a couple of the dumbest cunts I've ever seen. One broad had her cell phone proped on her shoulder, head cocked to the side, trying to drive, going fast.... then slow.... swerving, going fast.... then slow. While at the same time digging in her purse! She was greeted with a beautifully executed single fingered salute from yours truely.

The second was a dude.... thats right fellas, one of our own.... doing the same thing. Phone on shoulder, head cocked, talking while diggin into a briefcase. Except he had the presence of mind to maintain one speed....... 20 bellow the limit.. but hey, he tried right? Because of his truely admirable efforts I rewarded him with the pleasant sound of my vehicles horn coupled with a doubled single finger salute.

Im a very nice man. :twisted::evil::!:

Edited: Sorry, i had to rant to someone and this was the quickest outlet for my anger.

if the rest of the states would take the euopean approach like some have already by mandateing a handsfree law. It might solve this issue. I have handsfree kits in all my vehicles since '92. Yes 92 I had a HF kit for my big home phone looking motorola that weighed at least 3-5 pounds. and driving fast was never an issue. (Was in Germany for 10.5 years)

K

post-1980-1287275256361_thumb.jpg

I'm in Connecticut, and the hands free law has been in effect for like a year and a half. People around here we're scared of getting pulled over for about 6 months, but now they're back on their phones just as much as they were before. They just aren't strict enough with it here. Where I go to school in NY I hear about someone getting busted like every other day...I guess its just the cops in the area..

In Connecticut they dont take this law too serious. I read online that the only way to really get fined for being on a cell phone is if you get caught doing something else like speeding or having no seatbelt on. If they catch you on the phone while that happens then you can receive a fine for both violations. My girlfriend actually was on her phone and a cop pulled up next to her. He rolled down his window and yelled "hang it up" and then drove away.

BTW the other day some kid in a teal lifted jeep was talking on his cell phone while driving and he almost ram me off the road. When I beeped at him he pulled up along side of me and I noticed he was driving without shoes....how wierd.

Personaly I would like to see a no cell phone while driving law.

Forget hands free If your busted with a cell phone its a huge fine and a moving violation. Thats right you get points on your record over it.

Then toss in some major enforcment and lets see how many yuppies end up on the bus.

HEH thats right yuppie park the BMW and walk to work.

theres more than just yuppies that drive and talk on their phones. My biggest concern is the soccer moms with their oversized suv's and fat asses. They cant even handle the suv with both hands let alone on the phone while there doing 15 mph in a 35 because they arent paying attention because there brat kids are yelling in the back and they are trying to get the overhead dvd player to work.....sorry i had to vent. this happened this morning to me :x