AVIC411.com

Is this deal worth it?

I've been on the forum for a while now. I've researched the differences between the Z2 and D3 and I know the ups and downs of both. To start, I could care less about watching video or full function while driving. I had a bypassed N1 and it's just not worth it for the bypass (for me). My N1 crapped out on me a few months ago. I had the Best Buy service plan but they couldn't fix it. So they gave me a few choices to pick for replacement. They said I could either get the D3 for $230, or the Z2 for $870. Both of these are after taxes and all said and done. I don't have an Ipod and don't plan do get one. I pretty much only listen to satellite radio/ poor man's radio. This will be going in a Subaru Impreza.

My question is, will I get my money's worth for the $600 extra it will cost me for the Z2?

Well the real question is, do you want to pay $600 for the larger screen and the HDD. There are other small differences between them and each has some cool features that the other doesnt. For me when I was faced with that decision it came down to the fact that the Z1/2 just looked better when installed in my car.

Good luck

Thanks. Apart from being distracted by your avatar I'm sort of leaning that way to. There is one thing I still don't know. Is that satellite radio interface the same between the Z2/D3. I know the D3 has the memo button that can remember up to 6 SONGS. What can the Z2 do?