AVIC411.com

newb here wonderin how to do a few mods!

Hey, hows it goin? i just got a D3 yesterday from circuit city. i got it installed there, but i helped too and for 50 bucks, might as well have somebody to do all the hard stuff!....anyways, somebody pointed me to this site on how to do mods. im wanting to know how to..

1) do the bypass where i can access all the user options and dvd player with the truck in gear, going down the road, and no parking break

2) how to take pics from a digital camera and put them as my background on the unit

3)is there a way to calibrate the speedometer on the nav gauges thing? cuz i think its off, my trucks saying about 3-4 mpg faster than that gauge is...

4) anybody with the D3 also have their sirius sat. radio hooked up through it? cuz i have sirius and i cant decide if i want to just keep the sirius unit or eliminate it and go through the deck. was wanting to know yalls opinions bout it and maybe some pics on how the screen is setup using sirius through it!

5) any other cool stuff you can do with these radios i should know about??

TIA for all the help and knowledge!

Darin

also...i was told you have to burn the pic to a disc for the background...can i burn multiple ones at a time to the disc and pic one of the player? or just one pic on the cd at a time? and i guess the cd has to be closed or can you leave it open with a cd rw...? skimmed through the gallery some and people did some really cool stuff with their pics!

sorry i keep forgettin stuff im wantin to ask! if anyone does have a sirius...the unit i have now i can pause, rewind up to 45 min., etc.....can you still do that if the sirius is hooked up through the D3 or no?....cuz if i cant do that, i prolly will just keep both units....Thanks!

you can put multiple images on same disk and then load a bunch of dummy pics onto disk basically....Create a folder on your desktop/laptop that is named pictures. Drag the jpg. images into the folder. Also make sure that you have over 1.88 mb of data you cannot mix file types such as mp3 jpg etc. keep them all the same JPG(picture format only) and has to be a closed Cd no CD-RW do these things on CD-R and finalize it and you'll be all good