AVIC411.com

ANYONES? library music just randomly stop??

Mine does that too. Pisses me off cause it usually happens on one of the best song on the album. I was debating on wiping the HDD and starting over. But I have over 100 albums in there.

I am glad that I am not the only one that is seeing it.

happened to me too...today...a few times. The first time i noticed it / happened was when I turned off cruise control. Thought it might've been cruise control related, but I was wrong...it happened again when I was driving normally.

Anyone have any idea what/why/how it causes it to change to the next track?

Mine does that too. Pisses me off cause it usually happens on one of the best song on the album.

I KNOW HUH!!... ill be all gettin crunk like uugh! then it changes songs and im like wtf? hmmm im gonna drive around with cruise control on and off and see if it does it to mine

today my avic z1 did the same thing: it played, skipped, jumped to the next album. i reset the unit and it still does the same thing. now my avic z1 freezes at the pioneer logo. it's not responding to any of the buttons. cd music and the volume buttons only work but the logo still there.

this might be a problem in the hard drive. i wonder if i remove the hard drive and insert back in (reseating it) will do the trick. else, i will have to send it in to pioneer under warranty.

anyone out there has a fix for this? thanks in advance.

I just started having issues with my z2 and the library as well. Had tons of songs come up with just a question mark (?) in place of the song title. Then, just like everyone else has been saying, it would kill the song before the song was over. That was this past friday, drove around today and I didnt have those issues. Not sure what the issue is, but its not something I would expect from such an expensive piece of hardware.

well i called pioneer support this morning. they told me to send it in if the unit is within a year from the manufactured date. i told them that it only works when the temperature is cool. they said it could be a hard drive problem. it's going to be a 7 business turn around. i'll send it out tomorrow and will keep you post.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates?

I was able to do some trouble shooting. It was a hot afternoon and I was stuck in traffic. Had the windows down. Within 15 minutes, i had 3 songs just stop and skip to another song. Since I was in traffic and bored, I thought I'd roll up my windows and turn on my A/C....Had another 1/2 hour commute and not one skip.

So atm I'm thinking it has something to do with heat. It never happened to me at night so far.