AVIC411.com

Pairing your phone and Z1?

Guest theblueprint

Guest theblueprint
anyone have problems with doing this....my connection says its good but i can't seem to stay connected or when i get back in the car they wont automatically pair....HELP!
One thing to check off the top of my head. If you physically break the connection on the phone, the Z1 will NOT reconnect. You have to go back to the phone and reconnect. This is not the case if you just walk away from the car and leave the Bluetooth enabled on your phone. It will automatically reconnect.
One stupid mistake that I was making was that I did not put the PHONE in discovery/setup mode when pairing it to the Z1. I finally remembered and it worked ok. The Z1 said it couldn't recognize the phone and it still doesn't show the name of the phone type. My name and esn info come up. It works great now.

I called Pioneer Tech support on Saturday and found out they are completely useless. They actually told me that they don't have access to manuals. They then told me that if I have a SmartPhone/PDA phone that it WAS NOT compatible with the Z1. So I asked for a list of the phones that worked. Sorry you will have to call back on Monday to get that kind of TopSecret data.

It's working still so I can't bitch too much other than their poor weekend support.

My phone is an XC6700 from Verizon which is basically an Audiovox 6700 from what I found out.
I have an LG VX8300 from Verizon. Once I correctly married it to the Z1, it works perfectly. Pisses me off though that the phone is capable of sending 10 contacts at a time, but the Z1 will only accept one at a time. That took a while to transfer the address book! But it did transfer and works perfectly.