AVIC411.com

2005 4Runner ILL dimmer wire?

Noob here and wanted to thank everyone on this board for all of the great advice and pre-emptive trouble shooting for an AVIC-D3 install.

The only thing that I have not figured out is how to hook the ILL (dimmer) wire into the stock harness so the AVIC will dim automatically when I turn the headlights on and use the dimmer. I have searched the archives, have searched on toyota-4runner.org and have googled to no avail. Would someone mind helping me out here?? It's a 2005 4Runner Limited V8 4WD. Thanks!

BTW, I installed my D3 with bluetooth, ipod, XM, SWI-PS, and TYTO-01 adapter for the stock JBL Synthesis in my new-to-me 2005 4Runner Limited V8 4WD. This system is really pretty slick and all of it seems to work pretty well together. I put the XM, Bluetooth, and I-pod interfaces in the little cubby above the glovebox, which has worked out pretty well. I also ran the GPS and XM antenna to the back of the truck through the A pillar and around the various headliner moldings. The GPS antenna was just barely long enough to reach the headunit, but it did work. Lots of wiring with the SWI-PS, adapter, various components, etc.

Thanks for the help. I tried the green wires in the factory harness, which didn't seem to work. There were two green wires, one appeared to be a speaker wire and I don't know what the other does, it was in the connector with only three wires. However, I just ran the ILL wire from the unit down to the green wire that illuminates one of the seat heater buttons and that works fine. I'm probably missing something here, but decided to run it to something that I knew would work. Now if I could just get my Swi-PS to work right I will be done.

• 1 month later...