AVIC411.com

I have asked this question before and everyone has some dumb a** response. Are there any tested universal TV Tuners that will work with the Z2?

Please help.

If your response is going to be any universal tuner will work. Then please do not reply.

Reply only with answers like the GEX P5700 will work.

Thank you.

At this point in time, you'd be better off not buying anything unless it will be a digital TV tuner. Any of the old analog TV tuners are going to be obsolete here in the US in another 18 months. I'd hate for you to plunk down some serious coinage only to find out that in less than 2 years time, you have a doorstop deadweight and would be in the market again looking for a tuner that could actually pick-up your local stations.

I have asked this question before and everyone has some dumb a** response. Are there any tested universal TV Tuners that will work with the Z2?

Please help.

If your response is going to be any universal tuner will work. Then please do not reply.

Reply only with answers like the GEX P5700 will work.

Thank you.

Any universal tuner will work is not a dumb ass response it is the answer to your question. They hook into the aux input of Z2. You have to control them with the supplied remote. There are some on ebay for as little as $39. Obviously the GEX-5700TV would work better but they are scarce and if you do find one they are very expensive. So you decide how much you are willing to pay for a tuner that will be useless in a couple of years.

Do you guys know of any HDTV tuners?

I would suppose the problem is:

1) must run on 12V

2) must output 1080i or so over composite and 2ch audio over RCA

3) HD antennas obviously pick up a digital signal, which doesn't like to be moved (i.e. wiggle your HDTV antenna at home)

Digital is here!!! Where are the STB tuners???

First off, the GEXP5700TV tuner is not universal, it only works with Pioneer screens. If you want a Pioneer tv tuner that gives you control from the screen of your deck, you need a GEXP5700TV, or a GEXP6400TV, or a GEXP7000TV (this one will require minor modification.) A universal tv tuner is one that works with any brand. In other words, you can check your local store, the web, or ebay and look for any 12 volt/car audio tv tuner that has a remote and standard audio/video RCA outputs. You then run those into the A/V input on your deck and control the TV tuner by the remote it comes with. Thus the name "universal"