AVIC411.com

no speedo after vss hookup

Starters: great site with tons of help, used this site to guide me through my install of a D3 in my '07 chevy colorado.

The Problem: i installed my D3 a few days ago minus the vss wire, of course the speed pulse was reading zero but the distance, left turn and right turn were "learning". now that i have my vss hooked up, it ramps up and down with acceleration/deceleration, it keeps counting the pulses it recieves in the 3D calibration window but it went from "simple hybrid" to "sensors initializing" and when i go to connection status after i hit 30 mph or so it gives the "irregular speed pulse" warning and shows im always going 0 mph... it only gives the speed pulse warning when i go into the connection status window

So, am I good and need to drive for a while or is there something bad the matter, i tried both yellow/black wires coming from my blue PCM plug, one did as i decribed above and the other just gives a single blip everytime i shift gears (auto tranny)

Thanks in advance for any input!

well i reset all 3 things but it still gives the irregular pulse warning, got up to about 40mph and the pulse was about 300, and now for some reason everytime i turn it on it gives me that damn store demo "press OK to start navigation" screen. it still show me at 0 mph and doesnt count the distance anymore

Speed Sense yellow/black PCM, blue plug, pin 25

That's the wire you tagged for vss? The store demo screen will go away after a couple cycles. If it's giving you that much of a problem, I'd say disconnect it and leave it disconnected.

yeah thats the wire, there are 2 yellow/black wires coming out of the blue harness and the other just gave a single pulse each time the trans was put into gear. what i dont understand is why it would read 0 mph, as i drive my position on the map changes and im able to navigate with "OK" accuracy but i want all that i can get out of it. it is bypassed so it shows the parking brake as set if that matters?

Nope bypass has nothing to do the with issue you're having. The only thing I can come up with is the vss in the truck is a nonstandard signal that the avic is unable to properly interpret. If your truck has abs, you could go directly to a wheel speed sensor for vss.