AVIC411.com

so everyday i leave my office in OC. i get on the toll road and my little red triangle starts going towards a certain direction, even though I am actually chaging direction while driving. This happens for about 5 minutes. By the time 5 minutes has passed, the triangle is about 4 miles to the right of my actual position (almost in the ocean, ha). Then all of a sudden in the SAME SPOT ON THE ROAD right before I get to the toll booth...it corrects itself and gets back on the road that I am traveling and displays it in the bottom left again.....

wierd? anybody else have this happen to them??
Guest guest
Happens to me, though at a much lesser scale. It would think that I'm on the freeway though I'm on a road parallel to the freeway 100 feet away. The red arrow would "jump" back to the road from the freeway after the freeway crosses underneath, so now the road and the freeway are going East and West, this correction happens about a minute after the crossing. This has nothing to do with routing, just bad map or interpreting the digital map data by the code? This happens everytime, ironically, when travelling the opposite direction, it is correct. That's why I think it is bad map data.
Guest guest
[quote name="Cirbirus"]Do you have all of the input sensor connected? The speed sensor especially...[/quote]

In my case they should be, unit is installed professionally by a highend auto sound system shop. And most of the time everything works, even through tunnels and underground garage. This segment of the road is the only problem I have so far and it is consistently wrong.
I kid you not i was in Newport, New Hampshire and things going smoothly , no problem, and all of a sudden I was driving in the Bering Strait. Unbelievable, I had to call in to the office to laugh about it. I shut it down and turned car off for a moment, got a coffee etc.. and it was fine. I personally think it is/was a satelite/tranmitter issue. Stuff like that used to happen when i used delorme in th car with laptop and i had to call once or twice to delorme and the tech guy thr said that it can happen with radio waves or something like that in the area.
  • 2 months later...
no offense guys but the Z1 is an electronic device made by a human. do you know how many times my computer messes up. next day is fine. these devices are made by humans and are not perfect even if it goes down a line with robotic machines run by computers with lasers and chips and all that crap small minute problems occur and are only visable in certain instances which you are explaining now. i work in electronic install retail and so many times people send their stuff in to get fixed and they are back a month or week later with a different or same problem. anyways just remember that nothing is perfect everything has flaws.