AVIC411.com

Has anyone installed a Avic Z2 in a ML320

I was woundering if anyone has installed a Z2 in a 2001 ML320 with Bose but without the navi but the factory deck is he same size as the one with the navi? I checked on crutchfield and they said it wont fit but i remember seeing one on a Benz forum a while back with a Z2 installed. So basically i am trying to see if the Z2 will fit in my car and how hard is it to install?

• 1 month later...

I am trying to install an HD1BT on my ML (2003). I will let you know how I get on. Also, if you manage to get any further information, please let me know.

As far as I know, there should be no need to take out anything but the existing cd player/cassette player and the glove box. Though, someone told me that if the glove box doesnt come out easily, the wooden cover would need to come out also.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up using the Pioneer double din kit. part number adt-something. It retails for $39.99 but i got it for 24.99 at a local car audio shop.

It sticks out about .5" but looks clean and secures the radio in the dash. There are no brackets for the ml320 so I had to ghetto rig a mount(aka wood and electric tape). I may try to flush it down the road but works well for now.

post-10749-12872752885607_thumb.jpg

post-10749-12872752886894_thumb.jpg

I used the metra harness 70-1786.

http://www.installer.com/item/display_i ... it=70-1786

It wires up like a normal harness but does not connect the 4 speaker wires as it uses the rca outputs to integrate into the bose system. Very quick and simple. You will also need an antenna adapter. with the proper harness and pioneer double din dash kit, it installs like any other aftermarket radio. hope that helps.

No, the VSS and reverse wire are not integrated into the metra harness however the wires are behind the radio. so no need digging behind the cluster. You will notice 3 sets of plugs and 2 will plug into the metra harness. the third plug will remain disconnected however the vss and reverse wires are in that plug so you will have to tap into them. i think the vss is blue. a quick search with give u the correct colors. keep us posted on teh install.