AVIC411.com

avic d1 face won't open

Remove the unit from the dash. Take off any brackets screwed into the sides of it. If it still won't eject then you have a problem with the unit. If it does eject then it's an installation issue.

thanks. I just removed the units from the car and it opens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the exact same issue. Im not sure if its an intsllation issue cause i had the unit intsalled for almost 2 years now with no problems. All of a sudden the open and angle buttons dont respond. The first time it happend I had to turn off the car (kill the power) and turn it back on. It worked fine. This time however that fix no longer works. I cant open the face of the unit.

Any one have any other ideas?

mine does the same thing but it started when I did the ebrake mod. my screen will not open and my vehicle dynamics dont work anymore. both only work when truck has been sitting overnight and I just turn the key to the accessory position, I tried the reset button and it didnt work... any ideas??

i had a buddy of mine with the same problem exept his motor got stuck took out the unit the brackets tried to reset nothing grabbed a screwdriver taped the bottom of the radio with the screwdriver head where the motor sits and boom it opend right up give it a shot

• 4 weeks later...

I've had this same problem with my D1 recently. It's been installed in my truck for almost two years without a problem. It's an intermittent problem though. Sometimes the reset button works, sometimes it doesn't. If the reset button doesn't work, I just leave it alone for a few days and for some reason it'll start working again...

Weird...

Anyone else have these issues or know of a resolution?