AVIC411.com

Creative Zen with D3

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha got really excited and went out there to give it a try right away. well although it didnt work, it was almost like a teaser because it would seem like I would almost have it switching the around the cables in every possible combination through trial and error but still no clear display of the video that i was using as a test. it's definitely the cable itself though because i even tried testing it using a television (which go figure i should have just done so beforehand instead of unscrewing and screwing my dash). nonetheless, the creative cable is needed guys, or well at least i really hope so because i have just ordered it ...

I have my creative zen w connected to the front of the D3. Pioneer sells a cable that allows video through the front of the unit. You can buy that cable off of ebay or amazon. You plug your av cords that came with your zen player into the cord (female) supplied by pioneer. I play my video that way with no problems. Furthermore, I also have my xbox hooked up the same way. I have a remote control for my zen so it is just as easy to use as the touchscreen for me. Only negative is that you will have a cord hanging down from the unit while it is in use. No biggie.

If you're just using an adapter cord to plug RCA inputs into the port on the front of the D3, you should just put an extension on the RCA inputs from the back of the unit and hook whatever up to that, at least that way you don't have a cable hanging out the front of the radio.

I went to Circuit City and wouldn't you know they didn't have a M model Zen player on display.I'm going to another one Saturday so I'll check there. On my Eclipse I have a VTR button to push to display the video.Is it automatic or is there a video button of some sort you need to press before you can display a video on the D3 ?