AVIC411.com

07 Silverado Classic questions

I am buying a D3 later this week. What wires will I have to connect it to besides the wires for the factory radio? I have searched, but could not find any lists.

I know that I need a VSS feed, but from what I have read, some people say the green/white wire at the radio is VSS and some say it is not. I will do the bypass, so the mute, parking brake, and ground can all be tied in together, right?

Thanks in advance

The mute wire should be grounded, but only after you've moved it to the secret pin. The VSS is not behind the radio, it's in pin A4(green/white stripe) behind the cluster. Ill will need to be caught at the convenience center or anywhere else you can find a 12V parking light wire.

So just tap the radios ill wire into any park light wire at the headlight switch??

You can use any wire that shows 12v when the parking lights are on, but be sure to test it. Make sure it's not a dimmer wire, i.e. changes voltage while manipulating the dimmer switch. A dimmer wire will work fine as long as you leave the dash lights bright, but may not work when the lights are dimmed. I converted all of my dash lights in my Tahoe to blue LED's to match the Z2. At full brightness they will run you out of the truck. Also I know that in some of the vehicles the parking light wire at the headlight switch will not activate when the auto headlight come on. Only when the switch is turned on. I can't stress it enough; test, test, test. A multimeter is just an expensive paper weight if you don't use it.

You can use any wire that shows 12v when the parking lights are on, but be sure to test it. Make sure it's not a dimmer wire, i.e. changes voltage while manipulating the dimmer switch. A dimmer wire will work fine as long as you leave the dash lights bright, but may not work when the lights are dimmed. I converted all of my dash lights in my Tahoe to blue LED's to match the Z2. At full brightness they will run you out of the truck. Also I know that in some of the vehicles the parking light wire at the headlight switch will not activate when the auto headlight come on. Only when the switch is turned on. I can't stress it enough; test, test, test. A multimeter is just an expensive paper weight if you don't use it.

Off the top of your head, do you know of a good wire to use at the headlight switch?? I already have the wire run over to it but it is not yet hooked up.

• 3 weeks later...