AVIC411.com

Z1 Freezing up after Bluetooth connects

Hi All,

Maybe you could shed some light on an issue I'm having. I just replaced my N2 with a 10/06 Z1, everything went smooth and all was fine for the first couple of hours of operation, now to my problem. After I start the car, and the unit powers up, music starts playing until the Bluetooth automatically connects to my i870. Once it connects, I lose all of my audio, this includes Am/Fm/iPod and Library. I have the "Hang-up" icon in the top right corner, when I hit it, it illuminates but does nothing else. It almost seems like it's stuck in a call mode, because I can hear the beeps when I hit my cell number pad on my phone, through the speakers of the car. It will stay this way until I "drop" the Bluetooth connection, then I get all of my audio back, but I have obviously lost my Bluetooth functionality. I did search but didn't find anything like this problem, so any help would be very appreciated.

i've got the same set-up (phone and z1) i've had this problem only when i've turned the car off before i disconnected the call. i just power the phone off and back on again and everything works fine. i think it's the phone..... i've tried it with two other phones and never had any problems. just end the call before turning the car off. hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dave, that's what I wound up doing before I saw your reply, and that seems to have done the trick. It's interesting, because the whole problem started when I turned off the car while on the phone, it switched over to my phone from the Z1, and when I restarted the car, that's when the problem occured. Thanks again for your help.