AVIC411.com

AVIC-d3 in a NISSAN MURANO

Hello I recently purchased an 04 nissan murano without nav. I already have a AVIC D3 unit and would like to install it. HOWEVER has anyone seen the inside of a Murano? WHERE IN THE HELL DO I PUT THIS THING? I was thinking about just removing the BOSE but to me it would look silly to have the Nissan Screen and the Pioneer Screen. ANY IDEAS... CUSTOM?

post-9515-12872752639352_thumb.jpg

Yep, my friends and family think i'm strange because I always say, I've I can't replace the radio I don't want the car. No matter what kind of vehicle it is.

I am sure that is not the only reason they think you are strange.

Yep, my friends and family think i'm strange because I always say, I've I can't replace the radio I don't want the car. No matter what kind of vehicle it is.

I am sure that is not the only reason they think you are strange.

You would be correct on that one.

I have had the D3 for quite some time...i originally just wanted to replace the factory screen with the d3 but didnt realize there are several buttons that have functionality with the screen...LETS SEE SOME CUSTOM INSTALL PICS!!!!

Try cardomain. To my knowledge no one here has that vehicle.

If your radio is setup just like that just measure the area and the D3 and compare. because with most nissans you can just pop off the factory bezel. You just might have to get a hold of a D1/2 trim ring or get someone to make you one. The wire harness would be the same as the max/Alt. And if you have Bose once in you'll like the diff.

Also If you want to get creative if the second screen becomes useless then buy a 7" monitor and Use that as a second DVD that way you can have your D3 show the map and the top screen show the movie. That's how I have mine in my Armada.

My neighbor has a Murano i'll take a look at hers this weekend and see.

K

DISASTER STRIKES....SO I took my murano to get a avic d3 installed where the bose stereo is....well little did I know, when you take apart the dash...there is a circuit board that cannot be removed without loosing all AC/HEAT controls among many other things....$1300 and 2 days worth of work...i hopefully have come up with a solution. I WILL POST PICS NEXT WEEK!

DISASTER STRIKES....SO I took my murano to get a avic d3 installed where the bose stereo is....well little did I know, when you take apart the dash...there is a circuit board that cannot be removed without loosing all AC/HEAT controls among many other things....$1300 and 2 days worth of work...i hopefully have come up with a solution. I WILL POST PICS NEXT WEEK!

Did you get this fixed? Your new bezel will allow you to retain your AC controls.

K